Statistics South Africa New Head Office Public-Private Partnership (PPP)
May - 2016
R 1.3 Billion
Project Management for Independent Certifier
New Commercial Public-Private-Partnership Project – The scope of the project can be defined as the provision of new head office accommodation for STATS SA, which is located within CTMM, South Africa.
the Independent Certifier, to independently certify completion of the project in-line with the project output specification and private party proposal. The Independent certifier duties included the certification of the relocation of STATS SA from their existing building to the new facility. The private party provided finance, design, construction, operation and maintenance of the new purpose-built office.
The project can be summarised as the provision of:
- Infrastructure services
- Facility management services, both hard and soft
- Specialised services unique to Stats SA
The facilities included:
- Upgrading and reinstating access roads to the facility
- Main office building - area covers 45,000m2 consisting of specialist areas, boardrooms, open plan office space, demountable offices, and fixed offices, kitchen, canteen and auditorium.
- Data Processing Centre (DPC)
- Refurbishment and restoration of several heritage buildings and attenuation pond
- Newly build Child Care Centre (CCC)